My classes have finally become routine enough where I don't have to look at my class schedule in between classes, so, I figured that I would give an update.
First of all, I am taking five classes here. All of which are taught in complete Spanish, and actually I am not even sure if my teachers speak English because I have never actually heard them speak English.
I have classes four days a week. Four of the five are on Monday and Wednesdays, and the other is on Tuesday and Thursdays. Each class is one hour and a half and they are twice a week.
On Monday and Wednesdays, I start my FABULOUS morning off with some Spanish Literature, learning about poetry of a distant time.....ohh such joy. That class is at 8:30. Then I have a "pausa" until 11:30, where I then learn about Islamic Culture and how it relates to Spain. This is actually my favorite class. I find it really interesting for some odd reasons learning about Mohammad...hmm. But the downfall with learning about history in Spanish is that...I only know some of the names in Spanish. FOR EXAMPLE, Christopher Columbus did not sail the ocean blue here, Cristóbal Cólon did. And Noah did not built an ark, but it was Noé. Why names change from language to language I will never understand but this is why I will only know about the Islamic Culture in Spanish.....not that anyone would want to listen to me talk about that anyways... But anyways. After la cultura islámica, I go directly to my POE class (it is now 13:00). This class is my writing and speaking class. I really think that this is the class that I am learning the most from (vocabulary wise). After this class ends I go straight home for lunch. I do not have class again until 18:30, which is the Civilization and Culture of Spain. I find this class really interesting too. Were currently learning about the biggest cities, different rivers, mountains, etc. in Spain. Also, this upcoming week I have an oral presentation in front of the class about how people in Spain celebrate Birthdays.
Then on Tuesday and Thursdays, I have class at 8:30 again for my spanish grammar class.
Since I last talked about my classes, I have also switched buildings. I am now in the CLM (centro de lenguas modernas). The walk to get to school is roughly three minutes. I actually kind of miss my twenty minute walk in the morning to the other school but that's okay.
Each classroom has about thirty seats in each classroom. Sometime classes are completely filled, and sometimes it might only be about fifteen people. But, no matter how little or how many people, the rooms always smell, like sick people. It is the worst smell in the world for me. And if it is not smelly, it is stuffy. Sometimes both. On Monday and Wednesdays I sit in the same classroom for three classes, and that room is the worst out of all of them. There is only one window...And it is about 12 inches big, not only that, but it is near the top of the wall. So you never get a fresh breeze-if you are lucky enough to even have it open.
Yes, this is inside of the building. The fountain and all. The top is a giant skylight, but I took this picture during my night class so it was dark.

No comments:
Post a Comment