Wednesday, March 2, 2011

oral exam

Today I had my first oral exam! In my oral and writing class we had a GROUP oral exam today-we each had to make time for ourselves to talk or else we earned no points for our grade. The theme was about how their is a new drug made by the human growth hormone that can make a person rejuvenate themselves to be twenty years younger. No wrinkles, tighter muscles, everything. But their are cardiovascular side effects and possible arthritis. Some people were in favor, others not so much. We each had to pick cards to see who we were going to be. I picked the card actress; 38 years old and obviously in favor. Some of the other cards were doctors, psychologists, the creators of this drug, and priests.  


Another girl in favor of this drug started and after she was finished I said that I would like to continue. I said something about how it is necessary for companies to say the side effects for lawsuit purposes and if not there was a possibility of getting sued. WELL, after that, I am pretty sure the entire class had something to say to me. And my teacher just looked at me, waiting for me to respond. 


What about young people? They look up to you.
---id like to think that they look up to me now. so expensive that they can get the procedure done.


There are other ways- like surgery.    
---there are risks in that too, a lot of recovery time. 


What about the side effects?                                    
---they're are other drugs with side effects and everyone still takes those. Ibuprofen has side effects.


We need old actors in the world for other roles.
---there are other older people besides me.


Is looking younger really more important than your life?
---cardiovascular problems and arthritis exist now, there is medicine for these things. ...I have enough money to pay for the best doctors in the world.


I had something to say for everything. I feel like I am actually learning how to SPEAK spanish. Of course you could know every word in the dictionary and the conjugations for each of them, but if you do not speak it, you would never be able to think of things to say fast enough. I was really proud of myself to be put on the spot like that and actually have a response-pretty good ones at that. 


By then end of the entire thing I had convinced myself that I wanted to take it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment