Sunday, March 13, 2011

MOROCCO. day two, part two.

After we had lunch, we let Tetouan and boarded the bus to make way to Tangier to ride CAMELS! ...and to visit the beach and see a cave. I tried to take some picture on the bus on the way to Tangier. It was really beautiful. We were driving next to the Rif Mountains and through little towns along the way.





Then we finally were there! We were on a cliff? above the beach and that is where we rode camels. There were about 6 camels total and they practically picked you up, put you on the camel, walked you in a circle, took you off the camel, and repeated that process for all the other anxious Americans. The camel ride was probably.... 45 seconds. But it was totally worth it, and who else can honestly say they rode a camel in Morocco?! And even though it was a super short "ride," we all got some really great pictures! 



I'm on the fourth camel! The whole 45 seconds that we were riding the camel, the one that I was on was trying to race the other ones, I swear! Half the time my camel was trying to get in front of the other ones, but couldn't because they are all tied together on a rope. And during the time, my leg was smashed, next to the other ones ass. Cool. 

no, no one got spit on! 


After Lindsay, Allison, and I finished our camel rides, we decided to take the stairs down to the beach while we waited! BEAUTIFUL. ps: this is the Atlantic Ocean.


allison.




me.

me and allison.

again..

THEN....we were told to get back on the bus... after about ten minutes on the bus, we got off and we went into this "cave." It wasn't really what I was thought it was going to be. There were shops in this cave?! And it wasn't very big either. But it led us to this....
Can you see the shape of Africa? :)

Here is one of the little shops that were in the cave. 

me standing in one of the markets...

So while we were in the caves, I realized that I really had to use the restroom. I asked one of the guys from the organization where they are and he said there are some outside of the cave. But he had to stay with the majority of the group so me and Allison left the caves in search for a bathroom. We asked one of the locals and he pointed us to a hut. I paid a euro. OUTRAGEOUS.....but I really had to go. And then.... I walked into this.... This right here is a perfect example as to why they said "bring a roll of toilet paper" on the what-to-bring-list.  I'm not really sure what you're supposed to do. Do your feet go on the oval things? I'm not sure. And I did not stand there and consider what to do. It smelled so bad when I walked in that I gagged. It was so bad. Probably the worst smell I have ever smelled.. But after this, we went back down to the caves, and then we all walked out to get back on the bus. This is when they showed us where the actually bathrooms were. COOL.

picture I took on the way back to the hotel! 

this is me showing off my new purchases of the day. RUG and PLATE. ....how awesome is that rug?!

That night at the hotel for dinner we shockingly didn't have couscous. And I was a little sad to be honest. We ended up having spaghetti. Real spaghetti. It was wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. SAD! :( but it seems like a good price... too bad it takes so long to process, that is lame.

    ReplyDelete