Thursday, March 10, 2011

apologies

I know that its been a whopping eight days since my last blog--but I've been busy actually. I am sick again. :( Had to go to the doctor yet again...apparently I have an infection from a virus that I got from the air. Sure...why not.


Highlights of this doctors trip: again my temperature was not taken. And when I told him that I had pressure in my ears, he took the cone part to look in my ear out of a tupperware, filled with what I could only imagine was water, screwed it on with his unwashed hands, and looked in my ears. When he was done, unscrewed it, and threw it back in the tupperware. LOVELY.


Even though the doctor said that I have an infection from a virus that I got from the air...I think I know what actually might be wrong with me. The Sponge. Yes, the sponge that is being used to clean my dishes- I am pretty sure- is making me sick. This sponge has to be from the beginning of time. You know how some sponges have two sides? The green scrubby side, and then the normal yellow side? Well....the green scrubby side is now hanging off and the yellow side...well, its brown.


The first time I was sick a couple of weeks ago, my house mom here would always make me put the dishes that I used on a different side of the sink. UMMMM....why? Does this mean that you aren't properly cleaning the other dishes, but now that I am sick the dishes that I used are going to get a proper scrubbing?


Anyways,  back to my self-diagnosis. Those same microbes that got me sick the first time have just been sitting in the sponge festering and reproducing now making a super-microbe that will eventually cause me to be immune to antibiotics.


OH- did you know in Spain antibiotics cure viruses? Yes, I am on antibiotics....and couch medicine.


HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY :)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha that SUCKS! is anyone else in your casa sick? maybe you should "accidentally" throw out that sponge... or buy a new one and give it to your madre as a gift? ew. i know your feelings about sponges, and i can only imagine how grossed out you are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the chicago coffee mug that i brought here has been quite a friend...i use it everyday for tea...so i leave it sit in my room and clean it before i use it each time..to ensure that no one else is using it in between my uses.

    ReplyDelete