Tuesday, January 11, 2011

classes started!

So in Spain, it is really common to eat "churros con chocolate." There are not like the churros in america..first of all they dont have a filling and they are not sugar coated.. think of a funnel cake without powdered sugar and just straight. Then dip then in the hot chocolate. But here the hot chocolate is realllllllly thick. They are SO good. And this is what they look like: 

Yesterday we also went on a bus tour around Granada as part of our program. It was FREEZING. It is actually really cold here. Its rained three days so far and its been in the 40s. I was expecting it to be a lot warmer. The bus tour was also €18! That´s really expensive! Here are some pictures from them: 


Today was my first day of classes. For the next three weeks in January, I have class Monday through Friday from 10:00 to 2:00. That is two classes, both two hours each. It was so great!!! There are about 12 people in my class. One of the girls in my class only speaks Russian so the only way we can communicate to her is in Spanish. Also, my teacher does not speak or understand English.  But the communication was so easy between us all. The building that I have in a previous post that says "some classes are here" is where both of my classes are. 

This is the entrance to the building where I live, inside and outside: 


All elevators in Granada are also really small. And each building normally only has one at the most, if any. However, ours has three. They can carry only about 3 or 4 people. And to get in the elevator, you need to open the door first. Kind of crazy. 

Here is also a picture of the hamburgers I talked about in an earlier post. 

2 comments: